Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Afro Blue - Pick My Brain

Afro Blue - Pick My Brain (Another piece inspired by Hajjimus Prime's track Afro'z)

In I go indigo never ignorant
Indiscriminate anti-indigent ingredient
Militant when muted
Mind unpolluted
So I remember my heart beats
Like a djimbe or Congo
From the horn of Africa
Blown into the rhythmless Americas
On ships i rocked
Made waves
As we paved ways of free men
Forced to be slaves
Escaped and became indian braves

Buffalo soldiers on angel wings
Leaving angel dust
Showing open toed footprints
Walking away from culture
I represent the melanin of many men
Running from the fed and state pen
Where they try to say my kind will be ending
Unless we pretend we don't represent
Where all life begins
At the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro
Follow why they know all of I be related
I be Lucy's blood relative
The Hottenot female with extended rear
That shadowed over her path
Scrutinized by strangers
But Mendel let your secret out
Genes don't get darker
They get lighter
When mixed
They dilute in strength and content
But worse than humanity
It hurts and hits harder
When it affects the mentality
The Black Man Fallacy

My wealth has to be stealth
My health depends on how i resist
And look like I'm conceding
Bleeding you slow until unconscious
I stay conscious
Waiting on my opportunity to strike
In the name of my ancestors
I stay restless
Kum Apem Ah Apem Beba
When you kill millions
Millions more will come
Pamoja Tutashinda
Together we shall win

No comments:

Post a Comment