Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Must Still Have Some Worth

I don't mind when she lays on my shoulder and speaks to me about myself and my behavior
When she tells me of how my actions have hurt us and our future
I have learned to not negate what she says because i don't believe it
because if she is saying that she feels this then this is her truth
I don't mind when she raises her voice about issues that are serious for her
Even when i think she is over-exaggerating and being too extreme
I try to always reflect later on what took past between us to try and better address the situation
On the outside people would marginalize this to love
I feel that respect is greater than love because people hit the children they love
Grab the spouse they love and neglect them as a punishment
People don't speak to people they love for years over small things
But people always give people they respect room to grow
The benefit of doubt and the room to change for the better
I respect her mind so I listen to her thoughts
I respect her decisions so I try to partner mine with hers
When she is done talking and I have listened intently
I find that I am better because of the time I have taken
I learned more about myself by listen to the perception of me from someone I respect
Someone that I don't limit to love
Someone that stretches my boundaries to be greater
If I am angry about anything it is that I never got it before
I don't romanticize any past relationship errors that could be corrected
I appreciate this moment in time of my life
Everything changes
But every change does not make you better
More prepared for the fact that at some period and time in your life
You have more past and less future to look forward to having
So you have to enjoy her softness and character
And her character has to be what you live for as time and gravity weighs in
And understand that I an a handful
But I have a life of living to give
And if she wants to share it with me
Then I must still have some worth...

No comments:

Post a Comment