Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Friday, August 17, 2012

Elle Est Belle (pronounced El - Ay - Bell)


Elle est belle 
And so many times I have never told her
I have passed her in streets congested with ugliness and she has renewed my spirit
I have seen her in her present condition and thought about how I may have contributed to her pain
See I have learned from other males and it's not surprising that "il" is the noun for male in french
We do sick things at times to ourselves so others don't have a chance
Yet, elle est belle
I'm not in euphoria either or speaking of any of the negative attributes of her
I am focusing on that part of her that is bigger than my primal instinct to return to Eve
Bigger than my desire to fill her and feel her as I attempt to change our future
I mean have you really seen elle as she is just being her
The perk in her step as she remembers something else that she needs to do
Her internal laugh as she remembers something that she enjoyed that was done to her
I try to stay valued in both categories
Not judging my worth by her
But showing the worth of her to me
It's easy to be vulgar
The art is in the sensuality
Elle has a tenderness that can be given in reward for her respect
Elle, tu me manque (I miss you)
Le dernier fois que je te voir (The last time I saw you)
Je te l"avais dit... (I told you)
Ni mois sauf toi (Not me without you)
Ni toi sauf moi (Or you without me)
And I meant it
I was you before I became me and I carry your "x"
"Y" makes me who I am but I still understand the compassion needed to care
You keep me there...
The problem with most of my peers words to your ears is the same problem I have with them
We don't believe them...
There has been a lost integrity behind saying what we mean
And meaning what we say
The true value of us is how everyone else feels when we are taken away

My memories of being held by you have always carried me through
So in some sort of way I want you to feel held by me
In all of my actions 
In all of my art
Elle est belle is an essential part
She is beautiful
And her inner most beauty is what drives me to her all the time
I try to complement her scars because they give her skin character
Even though she  has been taught that covering them up makes her belle
I often let her walk by when she is made up for the show
I've been hugged and got some of that on my skin
It was hot and my pores could not breathe
And if this makes her feel good then I accept it
I just don't think she believes me when I tell her that its not my preference
I like her scratches and nicks, they tell her story
I'm not talking about in marketing and promotion because we all know that that is for perfection
And this is an imperfect world 
So I hope that we all know that that is not real or attainable
Its for money
And so many do anything for money
And this is exactly where they lower their value
Il et elle (him and her)
They say all money spends the same
That has not been my experience
They say all sex is the same
That has not been my experience either
They say all men are the same
I hope this is not true
They say all women are the same
Now I know I can stop this with you
The truth is that you have the potential to start and or stop a war
Speak to the core of all of our pain if you speak to us and not at us
The maternal has an order we have not followed for so long in public
Privately wishing things could change
But not exerting our strengths to manifest what our hearts have called for
A return to the respect for elle
Then our speech in public will be tempered by appropriate dialog for our daughters
Our appearance would be palatable to all our children
And the elders would rejoice and enthusiastically give us permission to speak
And the sounds wouldn't be so weak
And everyone could tell
Elle est belle

No comments:

Post a Comment