Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hide Me


We separate our tears in grains of salt that taste like sugar
She breathes life out and I inhale it when she sleeps to recycle her
The impression she has on my life shows discretely
I hold her secrets like the last drops of water from a sponge in the desert
I place my hands over my eyes to really look into us
Her smell arouses me and he saliva makes me want her
If you have never felt this way about a woman then you have never lived

I knew she would eventually leave so I prepared her exit
My selfishness would not allow me to share myself fully so I cloaked my truth in parables
She pierced my thin skin and burst my balloon
But i still enjoyed spreading myself out in small particles
An atom splitting is nuclear
Her and I splitting was probably the best for me
Now I can breathe

She imitated life while we died
I so enjoyed being inside of her
Some of me I left in her to torment her new relationships
I told her I was not that bad and that I could be as stubborn for her as I am with my principals
Unfortunately for her, I just won't live unhappy

I kept strands of her hair that kept shedding even though her walls never did
I broke my silence too long after we were done and she received another mans woes
She carries his burdens and then compares him to me
This is so unfair to him

Why we still stay in contact is probably a little of both of us
Hopefully my new love will find a way to protect and hide me...

No comments:

Post a Comment