Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother (For My brother Khalif...)

I would not be half the man I am if I didn’t learn to stand by those gentle hands

If she didn’t take the time to give me milk and meat for thought to settle my soul

Life takes its toll and asks that we give everything we love back

But her love never leaves me

It’s as close as the air that we breathe, believe me

What do you see in me that is not of my mother

Smothered me with kisses and gentle touches

Came through for me so many times that I’m internally and externally grateful

A plate full of more than small morsels is what she fed me to keep me ahead B

A strong torso I have developed and enveloped my teachings to show in the way I walk

As I talk you can see the eloquence of a queen’s means

And I don’t want to disrespect her teachings even in thought

I owe her all of my compassion because it was fashioned in a way that I didn’t notice until she left me

I am never lonely nor alone because I understand she is in my bones

She protected in private what she would later expose to the world

See, she delivered me and changed the course of the universe

At least for me

First steps, first words heard, even acceptance when I grew older and my words and vision slurred

All she ever heard was her child speaking

And all I ever saw was my mother and I was seeking her approval

Even when she wasn’t looking

And I have more compassion for my woman to ever compare them in anything

Especially how she cared for me, appreciates me or their cooking

My mother is something special

I know you only have one and when it’s all said and done

And you are alone and looking at the world through the eyes she created

The brain that she made and the law that she laid

The information you use now to insure that your children don’t misbehave

Or become a slave of their impulses or senses that God gave

Even after all of this we still want to be selfish and keep her forever

Well remember she’s taught you forever is as long as you remember her

So now you have to pass down those soft sounds of her voice that lifted you up when you were down

To encourage you to do more than you thought you did

No matter how old you get you will always be her baby

That’s not shady or shameful or embarrassing in fact it makes you proud now

Breaks you down too somehow but you still never bow down

See mamma made a man and she told this man that I can do whatever I will

I have too many skills to fulfill every dream that she had of me during her pregnancy

And my legacy will be afforded to me because of she

My mother protected me then projected me to see infinity

And plenty can envy me because as you can see I acknowledge that she truly loved me

And thusly, I love my self and what she has done because nothing else felt like her kiss and her smile felt

Thinking about it now makes my insides melt

My eyes swell, but oh well, what can we do but pass on these sweet memories

So that she is a part of everything that we do…

Momma I will never forget you and I love you…

It’s true your baby boy has grown into a man so strong

And because of you – I’ve got my own and I’ll never be alone…

Watch over me until my dying day…this I pray

No comments:

Post a Comment