Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Sunday, May 15, 2011

B.U.L.L.Y

I better understand lives like yours

You demonstrate a lack of willingness

To accept the individuality of others

Something inside you smothers your humanity

Your humility absent because you don’t feel loved

You were abused – raised in the dark

And my light shines so bright

You frown as so not to drown

In your own inadequacies

You sink deeper into groupthink

You are toughest when you are with others

Alone I exhibit more strength than any group

Decide my own direction until perfection

When you or your group start doing what I do

I must be doing something else

In order to stay fresh – and you need me

Your existence is so gray and archaic

Someone told you that pushing me would hurt me

And it would make you feel better

But all it did was help me become stronger

The longer you harass me

The weaker you become

I become numb to your name-calling

I loose all desire to be around you

Or anyone else like you

I grow a distain for anyone

Or anything that condones your type of behavior

We cannot have the same Savior

My God can never be that abusive

I felt alone everyday

Inside my home I closed the door

And I’d go deeper inside of me

I won’t hide inside of my pride

To stoop to homo or suicide

But don’t push me

You love to say “or what!”

“What are you going to do about it!”

Well, I am going to remain who I am

And gain strength while you

Disappear into nothingness

The older we get the better you used to be

The better I am currently

I will travel this planet and see

That the whole world loves someone like me

I was born with natural leadership qualities

You say you know people

People say they know me

And publically or silently

They always admire my ability to be free

I better understand lives like yours now

You used to chase me home

You and your friends used to make life hard

The older we get the more of you

Are now behind bars

The older we get the less respected

All of you have become

You all used to be so cool

Now you all look so dumb

You made me an outsider

So now of course I’m not here for acceptance

Every time I perform

I am having creative conversations with my Creator

Of which I’ve given you permission to listen

Multifaceted we are – painting pictures

Painting pictures actual or abstract

But always graphic

And I would love for you to love it

But if you don’t I rise above it

See the drama and the trauma that I went through

Makes me never covet any acceptance from you

Through all of life’s complications

I put together bits and pieces of my life as presentations

To the resilience of human manifestations of triumph

Someone you picked on as a nobody

Now I am a GIANT

“I’m 20 feet tall”

And I don’t mess with you at all

But if you mess with me

You’ll soon see my ability

To remove all noise from my life

To find my harmony

Yes I am that little boy from Catholic school

The one you said only had

1 shirt, 1 tie and 1 pair of pants

The one you would not let be

Until I learned that the only one

I could depend on to fight for me

Is me

So Bully

I better understand lives like yours now

So I’ll dedicate this life of mine

To let the children know they are safe

And there are more of their kind than yours

And our job won’t be done

Until the last child tells a bully

You will leave me alone

I am no longer afraid of you

There are people here that understand me

And will protect me if you continue

So I refuse to run!

Look out world here I come!

See I better understand live like yours now

And it’s time

You better understood

Lives

Like

Mine…

To help in assisting in preventing bullying check this website www.nveee.org

No comments:

Post a Comment