Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Shackles In The Form Of Lies

My new vision releases me from my prison of fear and division
My skeptism denied my flight until I believed in you
My self-preservation left a demonstration for my future
But now inside of myself I figured out the reason to believe
Hidden in places deep inside of ourselves we continue to seek refuge from the unknown
When we finally figure out that we were born with everything we need to survive
We have more than likely given our worth to the unworthy
Shared our love with the unloving to find resolve in loneliness

Loneliness happens in open crowds shrouded with smiles
In style is the fashion of facades
Hard, is what it is to exist inside of this superficialness
But we press through to try and be approved
We lust for the acceptance to have the ability to reject it
My feelings have long gone numb for the dumb
I mean I know you know I know you really don't like me when its like that
So I switch hats and just play my part
Smart most of us are and wisdom we lack
Just the fact that we even play games to be part of an in crowd that screams loud as ever "We need more cain to cover this pain!"
See daddy has been too busy to hug them
Mommy has been too busy covering her stretch marks to reach for them
Bleed me to color your lipstick and kiss
Hide all your aspiration and dance as hard as you can

I can supply you the rhythm
See close your eyes real tight and just stomp harder
Raise your hands high and clap them
Smash all your enemies above your head in private
No one knows their egos are getting crushed under your feet right now
Spin around and 'round and shake off the negativity they threw on you
How dare they share their univited hate and wait to see if you receive it
Now when we sweat they can retrieve it
My skin is the arena for the festival of frustration release
The beast within could not penetrate the beauty on top
Stop on a dime
When you're done
Look how the sun made a special appearance in the flesh
Yes, this is the perfect time to leave behind all shackles in the form of lies
I am more than worthy to receive it, this blessing, this feeling
An interpersonal healing fleeting sharp rushes like menthol over wet bodies
Washing up in the morning with loofa and peppermint soap
The water cascading down your neck and spine
Just to help you forget one time and remember
Feeling is the best you can get
Bad or good
It truely just is....

No comments:

Post a Comment