Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Friday, October 16, 2009

With No Expectations

I've been to the den of burdens and left with traces of hope
Because I try to succeed it breathes into my mind more than air
Who could try and trace the images of your fears to disappear
Here in the flesh is a much worse fate than your imagination

I try and imagine people loving each other for the sake of love
Beginning to open up to the truth that we are all tainted skin from production
My father's approach got him inside my mother
But he could not respect the womb that carried me
The rejection of his proposal made him bitter but I know the truth
He used to visit in the late hours in hope that she would let him repeat his mistake
How little he must have thought of me and of she
She must have been heart broken by the reality of his inconsistency
Although I was jealous of his house occupants I just don't repeat his tragedy
I loved my seed from the thought of his possibility
He has always felt my love
No abandonment will ever come to fruition for any of my children
I labor today so they can own tomorrow

Work is for suckers or the foolish and unprepared
We should not have to prostitute our intellect to feed our hunger
But so many times we do by working for the ignorant
And giving them so much of us they repackage it and speak of us
And we receive it like strangers of our own spirit and time
If I shine my son shall radiate better
My love resonates between his ears and in his flesh
It must be wonderful to really feel that someone will do anything for your happiness
I know he knows if everyone says no I will see if I can say yes
If I can be yes for him
Because I give him love with no limitations
And I receive him with no expectations






1 comment: