Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's So Hard For A Soldier

It's So Hard For A Soldier (4x)

It's so hard for a soldier
To server and stay sober
To serve and stay somber
To distinguish the enemies
To fight for freedom
To fight for honor

Your freedom to say you don't need them
I've seen how you treat them
When the world has no need for them

See I've been abandoned
And felt taken for granted
I followed all orders
Went to all borders
Followed every process

The truth they wanted less

A solidier's separated from family
A select few understand me
Holidays I think about something else
I couldn't be there myself
I missed a few funerals
Not a close enough relative

And to me it's all relative

It's So Hard For A Soldier (4x)

Now they want to take over
So you look over your shoulder
Then check in your holster

Remember what they told ya'

It's an issue if it was issued
No need for any tissue
You can't be subjected or subdued

See you're just the soldier
Built to take instruction
A capitalist construction

Built for the world's protection
The enforcement of objections
And an enforcer.

But could you happen to fashion
A little more compassion

I'm not ashamed of what I did
I'm not ashamed of how I lived
I didn't want to die for my flag

Just make my enemy die for his

It's So Hard For A Soldier (4x)



No comments:

Post a Comment