Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Monday, November 8, 2010

Better With Revisions

Many variables face me now but one thing I know is
I have to make changes to my life to make it better
No matter what I have done up to this point
It never works

I have learned to just not let anyone affect my environment
Male or female
I have to raise the level of my circle
The agreement that there will just be some things we won't do

A moral code that is intrinsic
Not to be pessimistic
We have to just be and become
Become more than what we are now

I don't need cowards posing like they hard
I can't support their fraud
I can't keep the insecure around me
I am going to be what you saw when you found me

I appreciate people being themselves
We all want to be better
I can't respect folks that don't respect me
Why should I?

Why would anyone respect me that I didn't respect?
It doesn't make sense
Plenty men listen to you ladies and then
They use your own weakness against you

The same way women use ours against us
Lure us in to be comfortable then switch it up
Like they like us but just not as we are
We would be better with revisions

I escaped from my own prison
And I can't be locked up in anyone else's cell
It must not be strong enough
This love

No comments:

Post a Comment