Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Thursday, November 4, 2010

You Said What?

Tired of being pushed around so I just stand still
My energy set on silence
Since so many people say they know me
I guess I must not know myself
Wrapped in velvet covered with misinformation
It must be soothing to keep up confusion

Don't come looking for something in me that I never promised

Why do people want to project their issues on you?
Like I'll embrace what you feel
When I don't even know what I feel

Unconditionally I see myself in love with life
I separate the mundane and the facts from projections

It's like everything is so important above me
No one feels what I feel
Nor can they see inside

I refuse to answer your assessment of me
Without getting to know me
Your excuses for me being arrogant
So no Black Man should be this confident?

Call it as you see it and just let me be

None of my seeds shall beg for your bread
That's what I said

In the head of a fool lies the source of his foolishness

I'm not afraid to address you
Especially if you feel like its ok to bother me

I've risen from poverty
All kinds of atrocities
And I still have the grace to say Ashe

Ay man
Who do you really think I am?

And why should I give a damn?

No comments:

Post a Comment