Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Painful Separation

When you are not alone but you are lonely then you will see where I have been
And you can see why I don't want to stay here
Whether there is a vacancy or not I have not forgot
Love may have never lived here
It may have just visited and passed like seconds before a minute

Deep in it I wanted to plunge but I knew better
Her actions always confused her speech
At each peak i questioned the valley
I may have cast my own net over myself
And set the stones on the edges as I drowned in her

The edges of our lips touched
And I longed to smell her breath
The heat from her body made me warm
The though of her now makes my stomach jump
It is as if I was inside of her for longer than a year

If she dies then she takes small parts of me with her
Her spirit will plague me with nothing but doubt
I intertwine my heartbeat with her pathway
Our rhythm changes but syncopates
I lost the melody when she left

Who among us can say they are not alone but they are lonely
Many who have felt my touch and are not wrapped in denial
For once you have felt my passion, he will pale in intensity
Like you for me permanently
Is this why I run away just as fast as you came

Remember my name because she is a Judas to my discipline
As arrogant as Iblis that would not bow down to Adam
Distant but so attractive
I can never forget you or what you've done
And we have just begun our separation

Divorced from the idea that we no longer find agreement
Is some way I have failed as a man because you refused to follow
I float on my own recognition that I am comforting myself
Alive to so many as the one who would not give into you
All the while I am so dead and cold inside

This separation hurts
But I have to love me more than I love you
I have to have faith that whatever is removed from my life
I can replace and receive something better
I have to take my time

I can't keep sleeping because I awake to the aches
I always pray for strength but I know I am too strong
This is what got me in this position
This is why I can't go back to you
This is why I'll be fine as I move on

In the future you'll see that I was right
You'll miss me as I have missed you
And we will both see each other on somewhere
And our arrogance will not allow us to be vulnerable
But in your eyes I will see... and you will know

You will always miss me...

No comments:

Post a Comment