Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Darkest Places

In the darkest places of my psyche I rest comfortably
I never look for salvation or compassion from friends
I expect the usery to commence hence or since

See one day I woke to the tired stances that people took
And I understood that they were their own victims
Doomed from the beginning and just loved the lie

They feel they know longevity
The claim the believe in their faith
Who are the fooling with that
Definitely not me

I'm connected to you only through the binary
Code applying ones and zeros bits bytes and heros
The strongest person still resists the computer right

Or is this the weakest person
One that fails to try and evolve
I revolve in my darkest places

Faceless

How do you try and hide in the shadows of your own dim lit wit
Body escaping the confines of definition
Throwing words away at the illiterate mind carnally motivated

She sucks at my flesh but never draws blood but I bruise constantly
I loose continuity and retrospectively
I begin my healing and digestion of her temperance

You really know you are done when they say the stupidest things
Comment about my costume like it consumed me
I had fun for once and left my confines

You played your position and now
You have played out, like you stayed out in the sun too long
I am too strong and comfortable in my darkest spaces

There is nothing anyone has ever said about me
That I haven't thought in my own head
Constant practice daily at how to silence that voice

I invited that voice into my darkest places and he foolishly came
I tortured him and made an example of his feelings
Slowly pulling off the skin and pouting in salt

I cut the muscles down to the bone then watched it ooze
I burned its flesh at high degrees until the stinch made me sick
I broke bones and watched with no compassion and went to sleep

When I woke it was dead
So now when anything grows in me to doubt my success
I show the rotted carcass of that little voice

Its in my floppy
Now no one can stop me because I have no enemy within
I also don't have compassion for weakness

Why are you crying
Stop fucking crying and do something about it
Even if the one thing you have to do is fucking leave

An ocean is being formed by an iceberg melting
Inside me so slow
So many rivers flow

No comments:

Post a Comment