Marquette Beach Gary

Marquette Beach Gary
Welcome to the Mind of a Poet
www.kelechukwubrnfre.com
www.headfonehustlasmusik.com
www.beautifulsoulgary.com
Kelechukwu on Flickr taken by Benjamin Virgo

She As Light by Kelechukwu "Vinny Roofe Remix" for the S.L.O. Mixtapepress play to hear poem

Thursday, November 4, 2010

In The Most Respectful Way

I am a constant reminder of myself
I see the sun rise in me with my son
I'll never let them break our spirit
No one values him like me
Like one values me like him
Reciprocity

I could never give up seeing him look to me
Privately I seek to be more so publicly he can smile
You know in that way that lets folk know
Fuck them
In the most respectful way

We say it with our eyes
And our demeanor
That smirk

I never taught him to do any of that
He did it naturally
The same way I was never taught
But I became my father anyway

I didn't run away from my responsibilities
I ran to them
And now I want to run away
Those who try and put my seed in a box

Forever my passion will be great and in full view
And I will protect those parts sacred in him

Some say that we are creating a problem but
I know we were born a problem
Who can solve this?

Step into the arena

Take heed to the words that I manifest
And bring from my chest

Lastly I would have to say
I endorse the theory
That my enemies enemies are my friends
And my enemies friends are my enemies too

Is that too extreme for you to comprehend?

Then pretend that I didn't tell you

So we can co-exist

No comments:

Post a Comment